Week 2 - MBA 6601 - Side Hustle Mixed with AI?

 I'm running a little behind with the posts for week 2, which honestly matched really well with the article posted earlier. Steve Jobs, an entrepreneur, business man and apparently a side hustler? In an interview done by INC. Steve Jobs stated "Without owning something -- over an extended period of time...without the experience of actually doing it, you never get three-dimensional." (Haden, 2023). Its later explaining that the third dimension is creating a well rounded, prepared, and successful person. As of lately, between working part time and full time jobs, I am also a real estate investor managing my rental properties. This takes up a little bit of time, but when buying another house there is a lot of paperwork, research, and time needed.

Since owning and buying new houses I have learned a lot about what to look for in a house. In addition this exposed me to contracting and negotiating with contractors for construction. Part of this construction comes with designing and discovering new trends happening in the housing decor field. I was also proud to say I installed a door and new door knobs by my self. Which if you know me I can be a very unhandy man. So completing this is huge for me. (I also included a picture of the new bathroom I just finished remodeling, such an improvement). With out having this side hustle my exposure to this market would not have happened. 



Now a stretch, and the little research I have done with this, AI could help me preform some of this research and designing to expand my portfolio. AI has so many different advances, and I have had some run ins with AI. Zillow currently uses AI to send alerts to your email with potential houses that are "for you". This is because I have an account with them, which I gave very basic information like email, phone, and address. With this information and prior search history they send me daily updates with houses that come on the market in the area. The houses it sends to me is usually pretty accurate with what I am looking for. This can go further with AI completing the calculations and negotiations with realtors allowing for me to do less to prepare. Then all I have to do is sign a check or get a loan. 


Works Cited:

Haden, J. (2023, March 20). 31 years ago, Steve Jobs shared the best reason you ... INC. https://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/31-years-ago-steve-jobs-shared-best-reason-you-should-start-your-own-business-even-if-its-just-a-side-hustle.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 - MBA 6601 -Chat GPT Plug In Exploration

Week 1 - MBA 6601 - Introduction

Week 4 - MBA 6601 -Is Social Media Teaching AI