Week 1 - MBA 6601 - Introduction

 Hello!!


            My name is Joshua Scaletta, I am a current flight paramedic in the Greater Pittsburgh, PA Area. AI (Artificial Intelligence) has a large role in my current role and I think that it is the future of not only medicine but all career fields in the United States. Not to get all nerdy and talk medicine in this post since its meant to be about AI. Currently on the helicopter we use different tools and equipment to treat our patients. Currently the ventilator uses AI to better adjust the settings and rates for the patient per very little input from the providers, ie. humans. This type of ventilation is very new but effective at treating the patient and allowing my concentration on other things like medications, fluids, reports, and other aspects of patient care. 


            I'm excited to be taking this course to learn more about AI and grow both as a provider and possibly one day as a manager with the aid of AI. As I mentioned AI has a current place in medicine and is still advancing. I do not know much about what AI has to offer in other fields and I look forward learning more. I also understand that there are implementations that can also be multi-disciplinary which could lead to new AI progressions in my field as well. Looking forward to growing and meeting my classmates throughout this course.



Works Cited:

Hamilton T1 - mobile ventilator designed for First Responders. RKS Design. (2023, November 9). https://rksdesign.com/hamilton-t1/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 - MBA 6601 -Chat GPT Plug In Exploration

Week 4 - MBA 6601 -Is Social Media Teaching AI